Samuli Sirén

CEO, Founder

What brought you to Redstone and when did you start?

In the summer of 2013, during a holiday with my family, we explored France's beautiful landscapes and vineyards. In those moments, amidst the scenic view, an idea dawned on me - to create a platform that could streamline and scale Venture Capital operations. Excited by the concept, I contacted Michael, who would soon become my co-founder. Together, we took the leap and launched Redstone. For us, Redstone's evolution is much like a sailboat's journey at sea. Our main responsibility isn't just to reach the shore but to guide the ship amidst the waves of change and development. At Redstone, we believe in constant growth, continuously pushing boundaries, and enhancing our capabilities. The real voyage is the journey itself, not the final harbor.

What are your main responsibilities in the team?

As Group CEO, my role spans overseeing our international growth, envisioning our future, and maintaining strong ties with our key business partners. My dedication extends to each member of our team, fostering an environment that nurtures their potential. Recognizing the unique needs of everyone in our organization, I focus on supporting individual career paths that suit their skills and ambitions. In doing so, I believe we will create a stronger, more dynamic team that can take our mission forward together.

What innovation will change the future in a positive way?

I see tremendous potential for innovation and economic growth in the area of climate protection, for instance. This could become a compelling focus for my future endeavors. I firmly believe that economic innovation rather than restriction can achieve impactful climate protection. Therefore, all our funds also aspire to drive sustainable innovation. I'm confident that we can tackle the CO2 issue and even free our oceans of plastic. History has seen individuals who believed in the power of ideas to better the world. They were often met with skepticism, yet frequently, they proved the majority wrong. A degree of eccentricity is a part of this. I'm reminded of an Apple advertising slogan from the 80s: "Here's to the crazy ones." It must be this way. We just need the courage to embrace our eccentricity, then channel it in the right direction. I wish to contribute my part to ensure this benefits human well-being and climate protection.

How do you relax/clear your mind?

Clearing my mind is not about disconnecting from my work but rather about harmonizing my personal and professional lives. I see my job not just as a duty but as an enriching journey that brings me personal fulfillment. It's an intrinsic part of my life, not something I feel the need to escape from. That being said, I highly value my personal life and my family. They are my grounding force, my sanctuary. My wife and two children are my greatest source of joy and inspiration, and spending quality time with them rejuvenates me. I also believe in the power of physical wellness to maintain mental clarity. Sports, including golf and diving, provide me with a sense of tranquility and focus. These activities help me stay connected to the present moment while also allowing me to challenge myself and explore my boundaries.

Whats your favorite lifehack to share? 

Turn your attitude towards work into positive energy. Understand that entrepreneurship, or any job, is not a walk in the park. Approximately 90% of the time, you'll be dealing with tasks that may not satisfy you, things that don't work out the way you want them to. Yet, staying patient, resilient, and proactive in solving these problems is crucial. Always remember that the remaining 10% of your time, where you see the fruits of your labor, is what makes it all worthwhile.